Junto HLS has been engaged by Leadership at a Top 20 pharma to recruit a Vice President, Transactions.
- Lead the Transaction team in identifying, evaluating and transacting opportunities that meet the strategic scientific, clinical and/or commercial needs of the organization.
- Provide mentorship and oversee deal teams as they identify, evaluate structure and negotiate external transactions.
- Advise and coach deal teams as they prepare for and seek approval from applicable governance committees.
- Develop future leaders of the Transactions teams.
- Ensure consistency and reasonableness of deal terms and structure across all R&D transactions.
- Establish the Externalization practice to oversee and coordinate all outbound transactions involving company assets across all therapeutic areas.
- Working with R&D, Legal, Finance, IP and other relevant stakeholders, develop processes and best practices for externalization transactions of all types, include divestitures, out-licenses, spinouts/newco formation, and complex out-bound alliances.
- Co-lead major therapeutic area M&A projects with Global BD Corporate Development.
- Act as a thought partner to the Therapeutic Area Unit and Drug Discovery Unit heads and ensure the BD strategy is aligned and supported. Challenge the R&D stakeholders to think creatively with respect to external innovation.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of:
- Specific TA products, platforms, targets, and therapeutic approaches
- Industry trends for deal-relevant finance, tax, regulatory, legal, IP and commercial issues
- Company’s overall R&D portfolio, including gaps and strengths
- Company’s commercial and specialty business units and key stakeholders
- Establish and maintain a broad network of relationships with potential partners worldwide.
- Articulate company’s external innovation goals and philosophy in public forums. Be an effective ambassador for the global brand to ensuring company is perceived as a “Partner of Choice”.
- Greater Boston, MA
If you are open to explore and learn more about this opportunity submit your resume using the button below or send directly to DanFarina@JuntoHLS.com.