Junto HLS has been engaged by Medical Affairs Leadership at a Top 20 pharma to recruit a Global Head of Medical Communications – Oncology to lead the successful development and implementation of global oncology medical communications.
The incumbent will lead medical communications and a team of 20+ across: MDI, Medical Review, Publications, Training, Congresses, Medical Education and Grants, for inline and pipeline medicines, a number of which have recently launched/ are soon to launch.
- Establish the Medical Communications function to meet the needs of patients and health care providers.
- Provide strategic direction and oversight for medical communication activities and engage with cross-functional partners including research, development, medical, and commercial brand teams.
- Leads, plans and manages budgets and human resources, including outsourced services and vendors.
- Oversees the development and implementation of global and US-specific publication strategies and plans
- Develops and implements best-in-industry, customer centric models. Drives consistency of medical / scientific statements across communication channels. Develops and maintains scientific platform to enable consistent scientific positions related to company Oncology products.
- Leads, manages, coaches and develops overseen functions to support high performance and develops performance standards and metrics to track individual and team performance.
- Drives the development of disease- and product-specific scientific slide decks and tools and training materials in collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Leads, creates and delivers medical insights that support cross-functional decision making.
- Manages the medical review process of all scientific, non-promotional communications. Provides oversight and direction for the medical review of promotional materials.
- Provides oversight and direction for company presence at medical meetings.
- Develops and maintains policies/processes for receiving, documenting, and fulfilling of inquiries from internal and external customers, as well as implementation of functional policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs) to ensure full compliance with corporate and government requirements, including good publication practices.
- Greater Boston, MA
If you are open to explore and learn more about this opportunity submit your resume using the button below or send directly to DanFarina@JuntoHLS.com.