Junto HLS has been engaged by Leadership at a Top 20 pharma client to recruit a Director/ Senior Director Business Development.
- Identify, evaluate and transact BD opportunities that meet the scientific needs of the Therapeutic Area (TA).
- In partnership with team scientific leads, identify and assess platform, discovery, preclinical and clinical opportunities aligned with TA strategy.
- In partnership with project manager(s), lead cross-functional technical evaluation and due diligence on “buy-side” transactions.
- In partnership with BD Legal, lead negotiations on behalf of the TA for “buy-side” and certain externalization transactions.
- Prepare and present to senior management materials necessary for approval from applicable governance committees.
- Act as a thought partner to the TAU head and ensure the External Innovation strategy is aligned and supported. Challenge the TAU to think creatively with respect to external innovation.
- Lead R&D alliance and externalization projects for TA.
- Maintain current knowledge of:
- Specific TA products, platforms, targets, and therapeutic approaches
- Industry trends for deal-relevant finance, tax, regulatory, legal, IP and commercial issues
- Company’s overall R&D portfolio, including gaps and strengths
- Company’s commercial and specialty business units and key stakeholders
- Establish and maintain a broad network of relationships with potential licensors worldwide; liaise effectively with other individuals in Global Business Development and leverage the company organization at large (scientists, clinicians, commercial managers in assigned TA and other therapeutic areas).
- Be an effective ambassador for the company global business development brand to ensure company is perceived as a “Partner of Choice” with academic institutions and industry. Articulate company’s external innovation strategy and practices in public forums, such as partnering meetings, speaking engagements, etc.
- Successful track record in leading negotiations (first chair) and closing deals.
- Experience leading teams and influencing cross-functional groups, including members of senior leadership.
- Deep understanding of the drug development, approval, and commercialization process.
- Greater Boston, MA
If you are open to explore and learn more about this opportunity submit your resume using the button below or send directly to DanFarina@JuntoHLS.com.