Junto HLS has been engaged by Leadership at a Top 20 pharma to recruit a Director, Immunology Research.
The incumbent will be responsible for directing Immuno-oncology research programs involving small molecule, biologics, and novel modalities.
- Required –
- Immunology or I/O research expertise
- Demonstrated track record of innovation (challenge status quo) paired with operational drive to results
- Ability to manage teams and collaborate cross-functionally
- Manages a nimble team of Immunology researchers who collaborate closely with other teams in the Immunology and Oncology Drug Discovery Units to advance small molecule and biologics programs, through a deep understanding of cellular and pathway mechanisms (including new MOA/modality identification), according to clear timelines and go/no-go decision points.
- Provides strategic guidance and project leadership for Immuno-Oncology programs, from concept to clinical proof of mechanism, as appropriate, including mentoring Project Team Leaders.
- Contributes to translational research activities, including biomarker discovery and validation, in partnership with the Translational Research & Early Clinical team and expert external groups.
- Builds relationships & collaborates with scientific leaders, KOLs, academic partners, CROs and biotech companies and is seen as an international subject matter expert in Immunology research and therapeutics.
- Keeps up with the up-to-date scientific advancement (e.g. competitive landscape, new technologies, emerging opportunities).
- Allocates 25% of time to helping to identify, advance, and ensure the success of innovative external partnerships for Immuno-Oncology, in close collaboration with CEI and the Oncology Unit.
- Spends ~ 25% of time in laboratory to maintain a world-class scientific team.
- Greater Boston, MA
If you are open to explore and learn more about this opportunity submit your resume using the button below or send directly to DanFarina@JuntoHLS.com.