Junto HLS is working exclusively with Sr. Leadership at a top-tier pharmaceutical client to recruit an Associate Director, Global Outcomes Research – PRO to contribute to the successful development and commercialization of new and innovative therapies.
- Work within a multidisciplinary, matrixed organization to develop and execute successful outcomes and epidemiology research strategies involving PROs.
- Represent the outcomes and epidemiology research function on corporate cross-functional teams related to product development and commercialization.
- Collaborate and partner with key internal stakeholder colleagues and external key opinion leaders to ensure PRO priorities and strategies are aligned.
- Develop PRO components of global value dossiers and AMCP-compliant dossiers.
- Perform, as appropriate, relevant research activities which may include, but not be limited to, managing the design, execution, and analysis, in whole or in part, of:
- Longitudinal prospective observational or randomized clinical trials evaluating clinical, patient-centered, and/or economic endpoints;
- Longitudinal retrospective studies of existing databases to assess patient characteristics, treatment patterns, and associated clinical, economic and/or patient-reported outcomes;
- Retrospective or prospective evaluations of disease natural history and treatment patterns, including drug utilization and adherence;
- Cross-sectional surveys of patients, caregivers, health care providers/practitioners, and/or payers/health technology assessment authorities;
- Contribution to humanistic sections of study statistical analysis plans.
Select Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Combination of academic training and practical experience in outcomes research and epidemiology is required. This may be consist of:
- Doctoral degree (e.g., Ph.D., Sc.D. or Dr.P.H.) in a relevant discipline such as, but not limited to, health services research, health outcomes research, epidemiology, pharmacy administration, public health, health economics, pharmacoeconomics, statistics or decision sciences, plus practical experience. Five years experience is expected of an associate director.
- Clinical degree (e.g., in medicine, pharmacy, nursing) and a masters degree in a related discipline (as noted above), plus practical experience. Five years experience is expected of an associate director.
- Masters degree in a related discipline (as noted above), plus eight years practical experience is expected of an associate director.
- Practical experience (number of years as noted above) in performing epidemiology and outcomes research, in any setting, including life sciences company, research organization, academic institution or governmental agency, is required.
- Demonstrated expertise in PROs/health-related quality of life assessment is expected.
- Expert knowledge of the role and importance of PROs in the multi-disciplinary drug development and commercialization environment and process (involving multiple stakeholders) is expected.
- Geographically diverse experience is highly recommended.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting or interpreting statistical analysis is expected.
- Ability to communicate scientific evidence, with strong written and verbal presentation skills, is required.
- Record of peer-reviewed outcomes research publications is expected.
- Greater Boston, MA
If you are open to explore and learn more about this opportunity submit your resume using the button below or send directly to Michelle@juntoHLS.com.